I had this great plan for my Sunday School class this year! So I thought. My first mistake is fairly obvious and Jason was so kind as to point it out to me immediately after I returned from my hour long visit at the printer. 2010! Yes I printed 6 books of 46 pages with the wrong year.
I think the plan was sound. I wanted to have something for the girls to be able to write down ideas and other thoughts that we talk about in the scriptures. Also, to be able to refer back the different scriptures and challenges issued in class. And in Activity Days we started our SPS. Instead of our GPS we wanted to look at our Spiritual Positioning System. Which stands for Scripture, Prayer, and Serve. These are the daily things that the girls have been challenged to do on their own. So I thought it would be super convenient to have it all in one place the same size as their scriptures. Too bad the execution of the plan was a disaster.
I thought that I wanted the SPS page in one direction on the back page but then when it was done it would have been better going in the other direction. In other words, it looks upside down when you look at the book!
The cost was $45 for 6 books. I couldn't believe it cost that much!! Had I realized how much it was going to be and planned ahead better, I could have printed at the church and saved half the cost.
This was due in part with mistake 1. My repair of mistake 1 included adding a color strip with the right year onto each page. The girls then used the same color to decorate the front. I thought this was a decent fix. Now that I have added the color strip to each page of course the spiral binding is quite tight. Oh well...
Basically, I lost my MoJo. What should have been a simple project was not up to my usual standards.
I guess I left the MoJo in MO:)